Sunday, June 1, 2008

'Why Do I Still Have This CD?' - Gunther - 'Pleasureman'

This is some of my CD Collection...

CD Collection...(6/1/08)

Now, most of the stuff that is in there, I can explain why I have it. There are some CD's though, that can only be classified as 'Guilty Pleasures', 'Stuff I Can't Seem To Get Rid Of', 'Sentimental Leanings', or 'I Fell For That, Too'. I'll be breaking down some of the choices in my CD collection that some of my friends shot me blank stares, open guffaws, or just confused laughter for owning.

GUNTHER - 'PLEASUREMAN' (2006)

Rusty and Gunther 1




I came across the musical stylings of Gunther while I was working at Rockin' Billy's Music a.k.a. 'The Best Record Store Ever Ever Ever'. This promo CD came in and as soon as I saw the cover, I knew that I would be claiming that one. Check dude's pose out...how ready is he? The 'stache, the glasses, the pout. I was taking this one cuz I KNEW there was gonna be a gem on here.

I flipped the CD over to see the tracklist. I was not disappointed. Track One; 'Ding Dong Song'. Track Three; 'Teeny Weeny String Bikini' Track Five; 'Tuttifrutti Summerlove'. I didn't even hafta listen to it. It was already 'good'.

Playing the CD fir the first time revealed a special kinda magic, kiddies. The opening chords let me know that some of the bestest, most 'Euro' of Euro dance Music was on the way. Oh yes, Gunther stated his personal with the first words uttered on the CD...

"Oh, you touch my tra-la-la
Ummm, my ding-ding-dong"

And then non-stop 4/4 kicks and synth punches that I hadn't heard in a looong time. My first instinct was to get my groove on like so...



It took me back, but I knew that GUNTHER was the future, at least for the next two weeks of my life. I put everyone I could up on the irresistible dancefloor leanings of GUNTHER. Then when I found the video on Youtube, I had a new obsession. OH, the choreography, the SUNSHINE GIRLS, the wardrobe...where is this magical place where they are still doing 'The Snake' AND 'The Running Man'? Please make sure to watch the video until the end, just in case there is any confusioin as to what the Pleasureman is all about. It's quite the cliffhanger.



Now, in all honesty, can you get that song and those images outta your head?...and don't get me started on 'Teeny Weeny Siring Bikini' or the slow jam, 'Enormous Emotion (I Love You)'...

There is no way I could get rid of this CD. In fact, 'Ding Dong Song' at full volume in the whip is my official 'Let's Start The Summer!' Song. Click the title of this post to learn more about the Pleasureman, GUNTHER.

Get your own tra-la-la. Your own ding-ding-dong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! looks like gunther was the pioneer of the mullet rivival, seeing as this was circa '06 you said? and, i miss rockin' billys and all the awesome deals i got. thanks again for that!. peace.

mcelfresh