Saturday, June 7, 2008

MUDKIDS - 'Stop! (Don't Quit) (Rusty's West Coast Remix)

MUDKIDS - STOP! (DON'T QUIT) (RUSTY'S WEST COAST REMIX)

Photobucket

The track for this is something that I did with my friend, Benelmo. In the Summer of '04, I was interested in learning a bit about making beats and Ben was cool enough to sit and work with me. I have no musical training, other than whatever it was I received in school. Ben can play anything; so if I had an idea, Ben could play it if I could hum it. It ended up that I would actually play the parts and Ben and I would edit them. Ben would be cool and patient enough to let me tap out what I thought I heard in my head. We'd move things into different spots, trying all types of things stylistically and sonically. It was a lotta fun. i hope to make some more tracks with Ben asafp.



I figured there was no point in having these just sitting around, so SPStar and I got together today and knocked this out. I had been thinking of reinterpreting a Mudkids Song; here's what we did today.


Stop! (Dont Quit) (West Coast Mix - Demo) - Mudkids

Get at us, man...

MUDKIDS (Myspace)

LAZARUS (Myspace)

RUSTY REDENBACHER (Myspace)

MUDKIDS TV (Youtube)

No comments: