Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jokes That Stuck; "...and knitting...and knitting"

I guess there were a few reasons this joke stuck with me; his expression, the laugh in his voice when he says the line. I always took to 'slightly deranged' Pee-Wee' as much as 'chuckles-and-giggles' Pee-Wee. 

(who am I kiddin'? ALL that Pee-Wee stuff is deranged.)



I remember going to see this in the theatre during a summer in Gary. Glen Reese and I said the 'cable-knit sweater' line for the rest of my time there. There was a time when you literally could not go anywhere without hearing someone quote from 'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure'. 

I break this line out whenever I am truly stuck trying to do something, say put together a table or desk chair, or at some point in a video game where I keep getting 'killed'. It's a beauty to break the tension when you're really frustrated.








No comments: