Sunday, June 1, 2008

Jokes That Stuck; 'Chicken Pot, Chicken Pot, Chicken Pot Pie'

David Cross is one of my favorite comedians. I've been a fan since 'Mr. Show'. I find his stand-up to be amongst the edgiest, most-intelligent, genuinely funny stuff. If you ever get a chance to see 'Let America Laugh', watch it. I bought it expecting stand-up and a little behind-the-scenes stuff. I would actually be hard-pressed to catergorize it, though. Here's the trailer...



As for the joke that stuck, it was just another one of THOSE moments where everything was just right. David Cross was appearing as 'Donnie' on an episode of 'Just Shoot Me'. I LOVE this episode of this show so much that if I get a chance to flip through channels and 'Just Shoot Me' is on, I will read the guide EVERY time to check and see if it is the 'Donnie' episode.

The episode revolves around 'Donnie', Eliott's brother, who upon graduating from high=school sustained a head injury. (I believe it was during a game of frisbee with Eliott.) As a result of this head injury, Donnie has become unable to take care of himself and acts very child-like. Eventually, it is revealed that the whole child-like aspect of Donnie is in fact, a ruse, and he is quite capable of expressing himself as a MAN. (He kinda catches feelings for Mia and is not shy to crack on her, when no one else is around.) He even explains to her that he has been keeping up this act (and wil continue to do so) because he's 'got it made. People wait on him hand and foot!' and he just never wanted to get a job. CLASSIC!

(and if I ever start a punk-rock-disco-soul-funk band it shall be called...'SLOW DONNIE'...so it has been said and so it has been written.)

Obviously, it would be disgusting for someone to pull this kinda stuff in real-life, but dammit, it's funny as hell in 'TV World'.

Click the title of the post for 4 seconds that will stay with you long after you watch it. I sing this little tune at Boston Market or when I walk down the frozen-goods aisle.

No comments: