Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Rusty Redenbacher, Consumer Watchdog; AT&T SUCKS

AT&T SUCKS (11/05/08)

You see that? That is my phone, close to THREE HOURS into being 'on hold' with 'Customer Service' with AT&T. THREE HOURS.

I wish I could fully explain the runaround I have had dealing with this company. After all these years as a loyal customer, I am totally feeling the shaft. And they are far from the only game in town, so they have soooooo lost my business.

My account was turned off for late payment (My fault)...less than 24 hours after that, the account was paid-in-full, zeroed out, at which point I was told by 'Customer Service' that my service would be restored. Three days later, with still no service, I called in again and was told I would hafta set up a totally new account. I explained how ridiculous I thought that was, especially after zeroing out my account. Nonetheless, I decided to re-up with them for the two months remaining on my lease...I already had the modem and before the 16th of October, I had no problem with AT&T.

Three or four days after that, I was STILL without service and had no luck getting through to 'customer help'. I was greeted with their automated system, which hung up on me twice, and after the first attempt to talk with an actual human being stalled out at 30 minutes or so, I decided that i would be patient.

Here we are, two weeks after the shut-off of my service, five days after my "service was activated" and I'm here at the Newsstand, maxing out on the Wi-Fi while I can. I have attempted to "chat online with a technician" unsuccessfully, I have checked my mail and gone to the office where I live to make sure I have not missed any packages. I have been a gentleman about this whole situation, having been misinformed by 'customer service' three times, finally giving in to what amounted to AT&T's demands for me to establish new service, and being without a service that in my profession, is absolutely necessary. I have had NO HELP from AT&T, whatsoever.

I've shot an accompanying video detailing my plight and will be editing and uploading it asap. Basically, it comes down to this; this experience with AT&T over the last two weeks has been the absolute WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE experience I have EVER HAD in my life. I have YET to talk with a real person since I established my account (which is NOT WORKING) six days ago. Absolutely tragic, shameful, and damnable.

AT&T, consider me gone. You would think with all the money you sink into advertising, you'd have enough people around to actually answer the phones. Apparently, that is not a priority within your company. I am so bundling my internet with my cable at the first opportunity. I'll send your modem or take it to wherever it needs to be. I will also post this blog and the accompanying video everywhere I can think of, including my friends, family, fanbase. On a day when I would rather do nothing than use the internet to contact my friends, family, and fanbase to talk about the wonderfully shifting political landscape of our great country, I am sitting here beefing with a major, major, major corporation that obviously has turned a deaf ear to my concerns. Anyone who asks me will be told of the drama and the absolute lack of concern shown by this company towards one of their 'valued customers'.

Y'all have gotta do better. You just lost one.

No comments: