Friday, May 30, 2008

John Woo's 'Red Cliff'

John Woo is coming BACK! 

I first got turned onto John Woo years and years ago. 'The Killer' was the first John Woo film I saw. Blew my mind; non-stop action, great story; it was like my favorite comic books had come to life. There was no need to reload the guns; who's interested in that anyway? Just shoot, man. 

'The Killer' has gone on to be a classic amongst hip-hop heads, as well, fueled by the Wu-Tang Clan and their classic 'Yo, Mef, where my 'Killer' tape at?' skit from '36 Chambers'.

Anyway, it's been quite some time since John Woo made a movie. He's working on an epic of 'epic proportions' called 'Red Cliff'. I saw a nine-minute trailer from it online and it looks absolutely astounding. 

Here is the short trailer for 'Red Cliff'. If you can find the longer trailer from the Cannes Film Festival, make sure you check it out.




No comments: