Friday, September 12, 2008

MUDKIDS - 'Shades (I'm Fly)' and '8:50' posted @ MYSPACE.COM/MUDKIDS

Photobucket

Yo,

You can hit the title of the post and get right to it...or you can keep reading.

Straight from the studio and here it is for you.


Tyler (Elp-Mass) gave me a really nice batch of tracks to work with, kiddies. The guy is on top of his game. We are essentially finished with what we think is 'We Are Dynamic And People Like Us', but we see no reason in stopping while we are clicking so well. These two may make it or not. We'll see...

I posted a video of me writing the original draft of the tune, 'Shades (I'm Fly)' and even went so far as to make a quick video of myself recording the demo through my mixer into my CD burner. I was well aware that the sound quality wouldn't be up to par, but I did wanna share the process of how things get done when they have to.
(Peace, LT! get it done, man!)







I get a lotta emails from kids lamenting the fact that they don't have equipment or there they don't know anybody who does what they wanna do. Trust me; I am feeling you. I'm just letting you know that it doesn't take much and until you can get into a studio, record yourself by any means necessary. You don't hafta post it like I did, but those types of demos will end up being very helpful.


Anyway, if you did in fact sift through the hiss and thump to figure out where we were going, I felt like it was only right that I let you hear what we were working towards. What I am hipping you to with the whole 'Shades' experience is a how a Song goes from an idea to a concept to a Song, at least within our process.


'Shades (I'm Fly)' and '8:50 a.m.' were both recorded tonight. You are hearing them with fresh ears, just as we are. Hope you dig 'em. They're posted on the MUDKIDS page.


I hope you have enjoyed this little peek inside our world. Keep doing what you do, if it works for you.


Respect and Grace,

RR

No comments: