Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bulldozers

Photobucket

Bulldozer - Datarock

Three mornings this week I have been awakened by heavy machinery. It's Thursday. That ain't cool.

Bulldozers. I work nights and I am wide awake. It's 7:48 a.m.

They are building an apartment complex right behind where I live. When I signed my lease, I had no idea that this was going on. In fact, my rent was raised. This is complete bullshit. I went to the office to beef, but they aren't even open yet. That's how early these effing bulldozers get to workin'....

Photobucket

*Beep beep beep beep*

*CHUG CHUG CHUG CRUNCH CRUNCH*

*Beep beep beep beep*

I am pretty upset about this. The sightline behind my house officially sucks now. Where there were trees, there is just a dirt road...and soon the paving trucks will come. It stinks of mulch and fertilizer on a regular basis. All of this is going on, RIGHT BY MY BEDROOM. I am in the living room now and can STILL hear trucks. Then, once they get this place erected and complete, there will be people...lots of people...people everywhere, where there were trees, trees, trees. This sucks. And the idea that they RAISED my rent is REALLY irritating me. I pay more to be awakened by bulldozers, smell manure, and await the coming of MORE heavy machinery? Uh-uh.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I am not one to complain about shit, but this is too much. I am feeling like I was duped, because had I known that Thomas The Tank Engine and Bob The Builder were gonna be here this summer, I probably wouldn't have signed up for another year here. At least, the people in the office are cool. I hate having to complain to them, but I'll be damned if I am gonna let these bulldozers jack up my sleeping schedule and not say anything about it. SOMEbody knew that they were about to build that complex directly behind me and they got their little extra money outta me long enough. I do know that once this lease is up, I am getting outta here. I can't deal with the fact that there is gonna be an apartment complex where there were trees, trees, trees. Now, I get noise, noise, noise...and soon enough more people and more noise.

*CHUG CHUG CHUG CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH*

*Beep Beep Beep BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Good morning to you, too.

No comments: